The submissions are in -- the judging process for the 4th annual Perfumed Plume Awards is about to begin.
The organization says it received an abundance of "brilliant, entertaining, and provocative scent stories" this year, sent in by many talented editors, writers, bloggers, instagrammers and journalists.
Mary Ellen Lapsansky, co-founder of the awards, says, “It is such a pleasure to be part of this vibrant perfume community and recognize their prodigious story-telling skills...each story enriches the understanding of the art and craft of perfumery for the consumer.”
Lyn Leigh, co-founder of the awards, comments, “We are honored to always welcome a diverse panel of judges. Ground-breakers in their chosen professions and beyond. Each year they engage with enthusiasm in reading every word in every story. This year will be no exception and we thank them most sincerely.”
The Judging Panel
Who will choose this year's winners? See the panel below -- and you can read more about these experts here.
- Marian Bendeth - Global Fragrance Expert. Owner, Sixth Scents
- Andrea Bifulco - Founder, Nose University
- Karl Bradl - Founder, Aedes Perfumery
- Sarah Colton – Perfume writer, Journalist, author of Bad Girls Perfume, Tips & Tales
- François Damide - Founder & CEO of Crafting Beauty
- Darryl Do – Professional Perfumer
- Alison Gould - Executive Creative Director/Copywriter
- Frederic Jacques - Founder, Society of Scent
- Teri Johnson - Entrepreneur, Travel& Lifestyle Expert
- Ruth Sutcliffe - Founder, The Scent Guru Group, LLC
Mark your calendar for the awards celebration on Wednesday, April 10th, 6 pm - 8:30.
Once again, the celebration will take place at the Society of Illustrators, 128 E. 63rd St., NY, NY.
Mane is the founding sponsor for the Perfumed Plume Awards. Verescence and Groupe Pochet are sponsors, while Beauty Packaging is the Media Sponsor.