After the transaction was announced in June, Coty Inc. finally completed its acquisition of a 20% ownership interest in Kim Kardashian West's business for $200 million.
Together, Coty and Kardashian West will focus on entering new beauty categories and global expansion beyond existing product lines. This includes the development of her skincare line, which remains on track for an expected launch in fiscal year 2022.
There were also several prominent launches in the beauty industry: Dove launched its first-ever refillable deodorant; Sephora revealed its 2021 birthday gift offerings in the makeup, skin care and hair care categories; Function of Beauty launched exclusively at Target with new products; and Everist launched its first beauty products in the hair care category.
Here are our top 10 most viewed stories from the past week:
1. Ranking the Top 50 Cosmetic Companies
2. Top 20 Companies
3. Dove's Refillable Deodorant Is Made to Last a Lifetime
4. Sephora Unveils 2021 Birthday Gift Options
5. Ranking the Most Influential Beauty Brands Of 2019
6. Function of Beauty Launches in Target Stores
7. Coty Completes Purchase Of 20% Stake in KKW for $200 Million
8. Low MOQ Packaging for Indie Brands
9. Aveda Names First-Ever Global Advocate for Sustainability
10. Everist Rolls Out Waterless Shampoos & Conditioners
Thanks for reading our Breaking News. We'll have a new list for you next Monday.
Have a great week!