Two major global beauty companies recently made steps to reduce their environmental footprints. Garnier launched solid shampoo bars with zero plastic waste, aimed at giving UK consumers more choice when it comes to sustainability and helping to reduce the 520 million shampoo bottles thrown away in the UK each year. The four blends (Revitalizing, Strengthening, Hydrating, Softening) are inspired by nature and made with 94% plant-based ingredients.
In other sustainability news, Henkel’s Beauty Care business has started converting its Hair Coloration portfolio to aluminum tubes made of 100 percent recycled material. With this transition covering all Retail and Professional brands globally, Henkel supports a closed loop while at the same time reducing its environmental footprint.
Finally, Leonard Lauder, chairman emeritus and former CEO of the Estée Lauder Companies, released his memoir titled, "The Company I Keep: My Life in Beauty." All author proceeds from the book's sales will be donated to charity.
Here are our top 10 most viewed stories from the past week:
1. Ranking the Top 50 Cosmetic Companies
2. Top 20 Companies
3. Miu Miu Launches First Fragrance and Casts A Kitten in The Campaign
4. Ranking the Most Influential Beauty Brands Of 2019
5. Garnier Debuts Solid Shampoo Bars
6. New ‘Beauty Innovation & Design Award’ Program Announced
7. Huda Kattan Steps Down, Names Huda Beauty's New CEO
8. Calvin Klein Eternity's New Campaign Starring Christy Turlington Burns
9. Henkel Converts Hair Coloration Portfolio to Aluminum Tubes
10. Leonard Lauder's Memoir Ships, Read an Excerpt
Thanks for reading our Breaking News. We'll have a new list for you next Monday.
Have a great week!