Also known as Centella Asiatica, or Tiger Grass, cica is a medicinal plant that has natural healing properties and has been used for thousands of years as an herbal remedy to calm and soothe skin. Not only does cica effectively rebuild the skin barrier, it has a ton of anti-aging benefits including toning skin, boosting collagen and reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
CEO and founder Heeji Kim created Meebak in 2019 and thanks to a direct-to-consumer relationship, they are able to deliver the same quality of a high-end brand, without the mark-up of a traditional retailer-based counterpart.
“We don’t add heavy premiums like many brands out there, and instead focus on delivering our brand promise of younger, brighter, happier skin,” said Kim.
The plant-based cica line is the first collection to launch from Meebak, and it comes in six different product types:
- Cica Cream – an anti-aging cream that calms, soothes and deeply moisturizes skin.
- Cica Serum – a lightweight but super-concentrated anti-aging serum that calms and soothes skin for a healthy, glowing complexion.
- Cica & Vitamin C Serum – a combination of both cica and vitamin C, this brightening serum helps to restore the moisture barrier in dry, irritated skin and infuses essential nutrients deep into its layers to reveal a lit-from-within look.
- Cica Mask – a set of 5 silky sheet masks that brightens, calms and hydrates skin for a dewy, glowing complexion.
- Cica Eye Cream – a nourishing eye cream with cica, ceramide and natural plant extracts that hydrate and smooth skin under and around the eyes.
- Cica Toner (Mist) – a hydrating toner, it replenishes moisture and preps skin to soak up any serum or moisturizer. Plant extracts such as fig fruit and purslane provide anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits.
The full lineup of products is exclusively available on the company’s website. Select products including the original cica cream and the cica serum are also available on Amazon.