The Perfumed Plume Awards for Fragrance Journalism has announced its 2020 finalists.
"While we would normally gather at MANE Gallery to celebrate with a glass of bubbly, this year is obviously a different time," said Co-Founders Mary Ellen Lapsansky and Lyn Leigh. "Nonetheless these marvelous writers deserve recognition and congratulations for their perfume stories. All are factual. All are creative. All are fascinating."
The awards ceremony is postponed from Arpil 23, and organizers say the winners in each category will be kept under "lock and key" by the accounting firm of Sperduto Spector & Company until a new date is chosen for the celebratory event.
A stellar panel of judges voted to choose the winners -- Marian Bendeth, Andrea Bifulco, Sarah Colton, Darryl Do, Alison Gould, Joanne Halev, Trudi Loren, Sonia Milfort and Pamela Vaile. All submissions were vetted by a special committee led by Mary Manning and Raymond Matts prior to appearing on the ballot.
The 2020 finalists were determined by the highest percentage scores received based on the criteria for each category. Criteria included an article's ability to engage and educate consumers on the art and craft of fragrance.
Now in its 5th year, iThe Perfumed Plume Awards for Fragrance Journalism is an independent awards program celebrating stories that give the reader an inside view of the cultural, historical and personal approaches to fragrance design and what it takes to create an evocative scent.
The 2020 Finalists
Perfume Stories in Mainstream Media - Print - Magazines & Newspapers
- Heart Notes - Fashion Magazine
- Holiday O.G. - Why frankincense - the original Christmas present - is suddenly so smoking hot - Town & Country
- Perfuming a Part - The Scented Letter (The Perfume Society)
- Scents of Place - Venice - The Scented Letter (The Perfume Society)
- Best Perfumes Of The Decade 2010-2019 parts 1 & 2 - Persolaise
- Guerlain Mitsouko Centennial 1919-2019: The Scented Skein - ÇaFleureBon
- Perfume in Donna Tartt's "The Goldfinch” - Perfume Professor
- Perfumery and Death: Part 1: Macabre Games - Fragrantica
- The Man Who Stole The Show: Jean Claude Ellena Retrospective - The Plum Girl
- The Poison and the Remedy: welcome to the darker side of scent… - The Perfume Society
- To Boldly Smell What No Man Has Smelled Before - CLOT
- (Trans)Gendering: Fragrance Seeing It, Having It, and Having Fun With It -chrisrusak.com
- Virginia Woolf's Orlando: A Biography in Fragrances - Fragrantica
- 5 Perfumes for a Moon Landing - Perfume Professor
- Jungle Jezebel Review/Miguel Matos for Sarah Baker Perfumes - The Plum Girl
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rose Vampyr “A Gothic Tale” - ÇaFleureBon
- "Perfume Hunting in Marrakech" - Maria McElroy, Aroma M & House of Cherry Bomb - American Perfumer
- The Perfume Society SMELLFIE Campaign - The Perfume Society (perfumesociety.org)
- Vision Quest - NewBeauty
- In Bauhaus we trust – the smell of minimalism - Scentury.com
- Masque Milano Montecristo "Madame's Book” - ÇaFleureBon
- Northern Delights – the architectural beauty of Scandinavian perfumery - Scentury.com
- perfume.sucks:no context, no explanations, no scintillating marketing - ÇaFleureBon
- Cooper Hewitt - Resurrecting the Sublime - Futureofsmell
- Dusita Splendiris - #oddnote - a_nose_knows
- Lover's Tale - The Plum Girl
- Penhaligon's Cairo - ÇaFleureBon.com
- “Nose Dive” - Catherine Haley Epstein
- “Perfume: In Search of Your Signature Scent” - Neil Chapman
- "Perfume Legends II: French Feminine Fragrances" - Michael Edwards
- "The Perfume Roads” - Creezy Courtoy