“At Indie Beauty Expo, health and wellness are always a top priority for our team, exhibitors and attendees. With that in mind, we want to take extra steps to ensure our typical healthy, safe exhibition show floor at IBE Berlin; especially in light of Coronavirus,” read the update.
Indie Beauty Expo is following the guidance and direction of the German Federal Ministry of Health and the German Federal Ministry of Economics and the host venue, Station Berlin, as well as monitoring the operation of local German airports and major global hubs.
The event organizers claim they have received minimal cancellations for the show from their exhibitors, over 90% of whom are confirmed to exhibit.
IBE emphasized the following:
· IBE is a professional trade show with limited, screened attendance.
· There is little shared food and beverage contact on the show floor and plenty of open spaces.
· Based on guidance from German authorities, they ask anybody who has travelled to the province of Hubei, China within the past 14 days; any person who has had contact with a person that has a confirmed coronavirus infection; and anyone experiencing typical flu-like symptoms to refrain from attending the show.
IBE recommended people over the age of 65 or with a suppressed or compromised immune system to refrain from traveling.
IBE also made the following recommendations for the best in-show experience:
· Additional hand sanitizers are provided on all expo entrances. Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly.
· Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
· Don’t touch your face with unwashed hands.
· Replace the typical business handshake with a wave.
· Stay home or in your hotel room if you feel sick or are coughing or sneezing.
· Make sure to pack your regular supplements, hand sanitizer, and other travel accessories you use to stay healthy on trips.
Live show updates can be tracked here.