Ulta Beauty has announced a Covid-19 update -- the retailer is reopening 180 stores across seven states on Monday, May 11, 2020.
The stores that are reopening are located throughout Arkansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, and Utah. A number of these locations will also offer hair services.
Mary Dillon, chief executive officer, Ulta Beauty, shown above, says, “Throughout the last few months, we have navigated the fluid dynamics of COVID-19 with the safety of our guests and associates at the heart of every decision we have made. That commitment to safety has guided our thoughtful, phased approach to reopening.
Dillon continues, “In the last few weeks, we have introduced curbside pickup in more than 700 locations and this Monday, we will reopen approximately 180 stores in select states. Our focus has been on how to reopen safely – not just when – throughout our preparation and planning to ensure we are confident to welcome guests and associates back to Ulta Beauty.”
Creating Safer Shopping Environments
Heightened safety protocols will be implemented in the newly reopened stores. Ulta Beauty says it worked with government and health guidance to create its safety policies -- as well as the Retail Industry Leaders Association.
Ulta Beauty's 'Shop Safe Standards' include:
- Face Coverings: All employees will wear face coverings in-store, and Ulta is asking all shoppers to do the same.
- Social Distancing: To limit contact, shoppers will find visual cues, such as signage or floor decals, to ensure six feet of separation are maintained. Additional measures include limited occupancy, safely-spaced registers with protective barriers, and options for contactless payment.
- Salon Service Safety: Hair services will be available in select stores, by appointment only. Safety measures for salon services include required face coverings for guests and associates, gloves for associates, increased laundering of capes and aprons, staggered stations to support social distancing, and added sanitization processes.
- Testers: Product testers are not available for use in store. Products remain on open displays only to showcase colors. Open product is for 'display only' and new signage reinforcing this new policy will be posted.
- In-Store Cleanliness: Regular cleaning and disinfecting of public spaces will be done throughout the day. Additional hand sanitizer stations will be installed for shoppers to use throughout the store.
- Associate Wellness: There will be mandatory wellness checks before the start of shifts. Employee breakrooms will be physically rearranged.
Half-Price Haircuts for Healthcare Workers
As a special thank you to those caring so diligently for the country right now, all healthcare workers will be able to make appointments for half-price haircut and style in the first month their local Ulta Beauty store is open.
Curbside Pickup Service
In addition to ulta.com and the Ulta Beauty app, guests can shop via the recently introduced curbside pickup service.
The limited-contact offering will continue to become available at stores across the country, in both reopened and temporarily closed stores.
Photos above via Ulta
Beauty Retail Stores Impacted by Coronavirus
Global Beauty Companies React To COVID-19
Beauty Industry Suppliers Provide Updates Regarding COVID-19 Crisis