first-ever Sustainable Beauty Awards
received over 100 entries from cosmetic brands, ingredient firms, and packaging companies.
The first round of judging is complete - here are the finalists:
- SUSTAINABILITY PIONEER: Apivita; L'Oreal USA/Garnier; and Primavera Life
- SUSTAINABILITYLEADERSHIP:Firmenich; Laboratories Expanscience; and Weleda
- SUSTAINABLEINGREDIENT: Alban Muller International; AkzoNobel Surface Chemistry; and International Flavors & Fragrances
- GREENFORMULATIONS:Alteya Organics; Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps; and Jasmin Skincare
- SUSTAINABLEPACKAGING: Laboratories Expanscience; Seventh Generation; You Organic Skincare
For each awards category, a winner and runner-up will be announced at the Sustainable Beauty reception in Paris on October 21st, 2013.
The reception will be hosted alongside the Sustainable Cosmetics Summit.
Winners will receive global exposure by media coverage of the event and industry recognition of their sustainability achievements. Finalists and runner-ups also benefit from media coverage; they can highlight they are finalists and runner-ups in their marketing materials and corporate literature.
Entry to the Sustainable Beauty Awards reception is by invitation only. Apart from finalists, the media, summit delegates and event partners will be in attendance.
Photo: Weleda is a finalist in the "Sustainability Leadership" category; L'Oreal's Garnier is up for a "Sustainability Pioneer" award; and Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps may win for its "Green Formulations".