JCPenney Begins Reopening
By Beauty Packaging Staff | 05.20.20
Plans to open in phases in multiple states, starting May 20.
“Our top priority remains on the health and safety of our associates, customers, and communities,” said Jim DePaul, executive vice president of stores at JCPenney. “We want to ensure everyone is safe and feels comfortable as we continue to provide an engaging shopping experience.”
JCPenney is taking a strategic approach in reopening its stores nationwide and will continue doing so in a phased approach based on guidance from the CDC and local and state mandates.
The company is taking extra precautions to provide a safe environment in which to shop and work, including:
- Contact-free curbside pickup.
- Diligent cleaning of the store throughout the day.
- Social distancing procedures in place, with reminders throughout the store.
- Contactless checkout.
- Masks provided to each associate.
- Extended return policy and a longer time window to use customer rewards.
- Plexiglass shields at open registers.
- Associate training on safety practices.
- Temporarily reduced store hours.
Also, the JCPenney flagship store, jcp.com, remains open to serve customers and now features an enhanced user experience.