The biggest story last week was the announcement that The Estée Lauder Companies has decided to shut down Becca Cosmetics after 20 years of business.
“At Becca, an accumulation of challenges, together with the global impact of Covid-19, has sadly been more than our business can withstand, and we have had to make the heartbreaking decision to close down the Becca brand at the end of September 2021,” read a statement on Becca’s website.
In other news, MAC has appointed Aïda Moudachirou Rebois as senior vice president, global marketing, effective February 22, 2021. Moudachirou Rebois brings 18-years of international experience in the beauty, retail and the fast-moving consumer goods sectors to the brand.
Also, SBLA Beauty has appointed beauty icon and entrepreneur Christie Brinkley to its ownership team, who will collaborate with beauty veteran and CEO Randi Shinder.
Finally, don’t miss our latest slideshow featuring six of our favorite prestige beauty products with artful packaging from the past year.
Here are our top 10 most viewed stories from the past week:
1. Ranking the Top 50 Cosmetic Companies
2. The Estée Lauder Companies Closes Becca Cosmetics
3. Top 20 Companies
4. Wondering How to Connect to The Latina Market?
5. Beauty That’s Ultra Luxe and Sustainable
6. MAC Cosmetics Appoints SVP, Global Marketing
7. Christie Brinkley Joins SBLA Beauty
8. IT Cosmetics Founder Jamie Kern Lima Is Leaving
9. Kris Jenner Beauty, Coming Soon?
10. L'Oreal Says to Get Ready for a Roaring 20s Beauty Boom
Thanks for reading our Breaking News. We'll have a new list for you next Monday.
Have a great week!