The International SPA Association (ISPA)
held its annual media event, during which new products and services that are being offered by ISPA members were demonstrated. Product demonstrations included facials and wraps, massages and scrubs, and therapies and other treatments.
Lynne McNees, president, ISPA, commented, "These ISPA members are showcasing the innovative treatments of the spa industry, allowing us to see a technology focus and a fresh, local ingredient approach to spa treatments. Statistics released at the event by PriceWaterhouseCoopers show that the spa industry is now a 14 billion dollar industry, and showing steady growth which is encouraging news for our members."
The event also showcased the "farm to table movement." Spas are incorporating local, fresh ingredients into treatments, allowing guests to reap the same benefits as they would by integrating these ingredients into their diet.
However, another trend showed that spas are continuing to offer solid treatments without any unique twists, that are just focused on results.
Here's a few of these products and services that were demonstrated:
- Four Seasons Maui featured the HydroPeptide Ultimate Anti-Aging Facial, a variety of specific peptides applied at their active levels, delivered repeatedly to targeted areas in the skin for maximum results in addressing specific skin care concerns.
- Mandarin Oriental offered its Signature Spa Therapy, devised to address guests' increasing desire for simple, effective and authentic spa experiences.
- Massage Envy demonstrated its popular Sugar Foot Scrub, a naturally soothing, hydrating and refreshing therapy that uses sugar instead of salt, which dehydrates the skin.
- Grand Velas Riviera Maya showcased the Mayan Royal Massage, a head-to-toe massage that aids in posture alignment and energy channel liberation.
- Omni Hotels & Resorts featured the Centennial Stone Treatment and Mineral Mud Therapy Hand Treatment, a duo of services to relax and rejuvenate the whole body.
- Kohler Waters Spa, known for its innovative water services, highlighted its Warm/Cool Hand Treatment used to promote circulation in the hand and arms.
- Awaken Whole Life Center demonstrated its Chakra Balance Therapy, one of its signature body and spirit therapy services that allow the spa-goer to calm their nervous system and gain deep relaxation.