Beauty Buzz

Coty Makes $600 Million Partnership Deal

March 3, 2017

While Coty continues to work on its acquisition of dozens of P&G brands, the company has also formed a partnership with Younique, which specializes in online peer-to-peer social selling in beauty. Coty intends to acquire 60% of Younique while the founders will own the remaining 40%. 

Younique was founded in 2012 in the U.S. by brother-sister team—Derek Maxfield and Melanie Huscroft. The brand’s makeup and skin care products are sold through a peer-to-peer e-commerce platform, which enables Younique’s approximately 200,000 presenters and over 4.1 million consumers in 10 countries to leverage social media in marketing and distributing beauty products directly to consumers.

Younique expects to generate approximately $400 million in net revenues in 2016.
  • Brows-ing the Eyebrow Product Market

    Brows-ing the Eyebrow Product Market

    Jamie Matusow, Editor-in-Chief||March 23, 2017
    We’ve heard the phrase “the eyes are the window to the soul”—now it may be the brows.

  • Perfumed Plume Hosts Book Reading at Joya Studio

    Perfumed Plume Hosts Book Reading at Joya Studio

    Marie Redding, Associate Editor||March 16, 2017
    Sarah Colton, author of “Bad Girls Perfume, Tips & Tales,” spoke about the power of scent.

  • CEW Product Demo: Beauty Defined

    CEW Product Demo: Beauty Defined

    Jamie Matusow, Editor-in-Chief||March 15, 2017
    From fragrance to tools, a tour of the ‘world’s largest beauty counter’ reveals trends in packaging as well as products.