To celebrate the 20th Anniversary of HBA Global Expo & Conference, a prestigious panel of leading beauty innovators will kick-off the event on Tuesday, June 19th at 9:00 a.m. in the Special Events Hall of the Javits Center. Entitled “The Future of Beauty,” Jane Larkworthy, Beauty Director or W Magazine will led Deanna Kangas, President & CEO, Stila Cosmetics; Sonia Kashuk, Make-up artist/ entrepreneur; Jim Markham, Founder and CEO, ColorProof Evolved Color Care; and Catherine Walsh, Senior Vice President, Coty Prestige in a lively discussion of the next 20 years of beauty advancements and innovations. HBA Global Expo & Conference a leading product development source—from concept to market—for the personal care, fragrance, skin care, and cosmetic industries and takes place June 19-21, 2012 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York, NY.
“We are beyond thrilled to have our attendees start their HBA experience with unprecedented insight from these industry stars who are constantly creating and innovating new products and brands that are loved by consumers around the world,” said Jill Birkett, brand director, HBA Global Beauty & Wellness Events.
The Keynote Panelists:
•Deanna Kangas, President and Chief Executive Officer of Stila Cosmetics, has more than 20 years of creative marketing and management experience. Prior to Stila, she led several major initiatives, including creating Gloss.com and directing its acquisition by Estee Lauder.
•Make-up artist/ entrepreneur/author, Sonia Kashuk, began her career in the early 80’s working with photographer Arthur Elgort and collaborating on editorial assignments for Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, and Allure, to name a few. She had also collaborated with Marc Jacobs, Oscar de la Renta and Betsey Johnson for their runway shows and worked with the Aveda Corporation as creative director of cosmetics. In 1999 the Sonia Kashuk beauty brand was born in partnership with Target stores and she blurred the channel conflict between mass and prestige being the first make-up artist brand in the mass sector- an industry first.
• Jim Markham, Founder and CEO, ColorProof Evolved Color Care, has founded four successful hair care companies, each one more successful than the one before – Sebring, Markham, ABBA Pure and Natural, and his most recent endeavor, PureOlogy Serious Colour Care, the first premium, award-winning line of products exclusively for color-treated hair, which he sold to L’Oreal in 2007. He is continuing his track record with the introduction of ColorProof Evolved Color Care.
•Coty Prestige’s Catherine Walsh is the visionary behind the company’s elite designer and celebrity fragrance portfolio and has helped architect Coty Prestige’s evolution as an industry trailblazer for the past decade. She signed Jennifer Lopez for her blockbuster 2002 launch of Glow by JLo. The brand has generated over $2B in sales over the past 10 years and led to a myriad of other celebrity launches under Walsh’s guidance, including successful partnerships with Madonna, Sarah Jessica Parker and Gwen Stefani. She also led the Lancaster skin and suncare brand, where she introduced its 365 line, which remains the brand’s best-selling product ten years after its launch. She also helped establish a strong platform for the color category within Coty Prestige with the 2012 global launch of ck one color cosmetics.
Later, on the exhibit floor attendees also can explore the Design Hotspot—sit down with design experts and see how floral, fragrance, materials and color can all inspire current design projects and then head off to the Innovation Pavilions, focusing on Tubes, Eco & Sustainability as well as Skincare.
HBA Global also offers a comprehensive three-day educational program with more than 60 educational sessions on beauty trends, market movements and technical approaches. Tracks include brand management; consumer engagement; ingredient and skin care advances; new technologies and product development processes; green and natural products; distribution; global markets; and packaging and design. The HBA conference also features new formats for interactive learning as well as increased networking opportunities. Group discussions, roundtables, brainstorming sessions and question-and-answer time are part of the educational agenda.
Sessions and speakers of interest include:
• Creating a Successful Beauty Brand: with Donna Barson, of, Kline Group; Lisa Price, of Carol's Daughter; and Stacey Schieffelin, ybf (your best friend)
• Green BioActives: New Technology Trends for Ingredients: with Charles Brumlik, NanoBiz LLC; Smitha Rao, Lonza Personal Care; Donald Owen, Owen Biosciences, Inc.; Amitabh Bansal, Ph.D., Avon Products, Inc.; and Rupali Kulkarni, Coty Inc.
• Unlocking Creativity for Packaging Innovations: with Herve Bouix, Estee Lauder; Philippe Bonningue, L’Oreal (and a member of Beauty Packaging's Board of Advisors); John Butcher, Revlon; and Guido Schmitz, Bayer.
• Other topics include: The Latest Packaging Innovations; The Path to Brand Differentiation: From Ingredients to Design; and Color & Design Trends: Future Forecasting and others.
The HBA Keynote Panel is free to all registered attendees. To register in advance for HBA Global Expo & Conference go to www.hbaexpo.com or call registration customer service at 973-943-4707.