ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive ongoing execution and achievement of commercial KPI's - sales, direct profit, units, market share
- Develop and deliver upon comprehensive, long term (3-5 years) commercial marketing category strategies
- Liaise with global brand marketing to ensure innovation pipeline meets market needs
- Develop and implement high impact 'go to market' 360 activation strategies to drive awareness and trial of new launches
- Lead marketing integration efforts with cross functional partners to drive flawless execution and consistency across all touch points
- Comprehensive external and competitive analysis
- Synthesize market and competitive data to identify market growth opportunities
- Develop strategic platforms for growth aligned with overall brand strategies and an execution plan
- Financial modeling, annual planning and profit planning
- Input to long term innovation pipeline needs and gaps
- Drive strategic alignment across commercial markets
New Product Pipeline Development and Portfolio Management
- Partner with Global Brand Marketing, Product development, R&D and IMI to produce an 18-month regional innovation calendar rooted in consumer insights, aligned with strategic brand priorities and in-line with financial targets
- Lead integration of cross functional partner groups to drive flawless execution and consistency across all brand touch points
- Manage commercial programs and products through inputs to NPD and S&OP process for on time, quality and profitable execution (packaging, formula, design, copy)
- Ensure COGS delivery in support of financial objectives
- Develop full P&Ls on new products and business initiatives to drive variable contribution goals
- Drive Size of Line, Product life Cycle management, inventory
Go to market 360 activation
- Drive development of promotional marketing calendar across channels (brochure, digital) for new product launches and base building initiatives
- Develop and manage high impact new product launch campaigns to drive awareness, trial and conversion
- Partner with sales / PR / alliance / activation / on line / creative teams to develop support and collateral materials.
Brochure Development and Merchandising
- Play key role in ideating marketing themes and priorities for each of 26 annual campaigns
- Liaison with creative in development of themes and ensure commercial viability and consumer impact
- You have a proven track record of a leader thriving at times of adversity and challenge, engaging and motivating highly competent teams.
-BA required / MBA preferred, plus 10+ years of relevant experience.
-Previous commercial and or applied marketing / merchandising experience is required.
- Ability to develop and implement innovative marketing programs, knowledge of global market/consumer trends.
- Knowledge of the functions of marketing, merchandising, magalog planning, operations, internet, creative,
- Must have experience working in a highly matrixed environment
- Requires strong experience in balancing portfolio mixes
- Position requires experience in utilizing next generation marketing platforms (online, social networking, guerilla mktg etc)
- Working knowledge of P&L and other financial instruments.
- Strong knowledge of the beauty industry and its drivers are required.
- Proven track record of developing and growing brands and categories
- Leads cross integration of functional partner groups to bring new programs to market. (Creative; Education, Sales, Merchandising, Online, Alliances).
- Strong critical thinking, analytical skills and creative skills required to drive aesthetic as well as business drivers
- Position requires thinking through multi-channel executions to ensure consistency across brand
- Ability to analyze and interpret market data pertaining to channel and as well as consumers
- Potential for global expansion will require ability to think and act cross boarder in matrixed environment