HBA Global’s 20th Anniversary Highlights
An at-a-glance look at this year’s special features
When HBA Global Expo gets underway on June 19 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, New York, NY, it will be celebrating its 20th anniversary as the leading product development event for the cosmetics, fragrance, personal care, skin care and wellness industries. For three days, the entire beauty community has the opportunity to gather together to source new international ingredients and raw materials, packaging and components, contract manufacturers, services and finished goods. In addition, the extensive HBA conference program offers key insights and opportunities for beauty brands to grow and increase sales. There will also, no doubt, be lots of reminiscing and catching up with old friends and new colleagues—with many of the relationships having been forged over the years on the very same show floor.
• Visionary HBA Keynote Panel: Inspiration to kick off HBA’s Beauty Week 2012, moderated by Jane Larkworthy, beauty director, W magazine.
• Educational Offerings and Expert Speakers: Every facet of the beauty and personal care market is explored, including Brand Management, Consumer Engagement, Distribution, Entrepreneurs, Global Markets, Green/Natural Products, Ingredients, Packaging Design, Product Development, Skin Care, Technical Approaches and Trends.
• SPLASH: A new finished products pavilion, showcasing 30 international emerging brands and product lines as juried by an elite panel of storefront and online retailers, brand strategists and beauty bloggers
• Design Hot Spot: To further develop creativity and ideas, a new show floor feature zooms in on the importance of design and breaking the norm of traditional design elements with out-of-the-box materials from Material Connexion, and inspiration from experts like Trendincite
• Innovation Pavilions: Destination areas on the show floor that spotlight “trending” product development areas, such as Innovations in Eco & Sustainability, Innovations in Anti-Aging Skin Care, and Innovations in Tubes
• Enhanced New Product Showcase: The latest offerings in formulation, packaging, private label and more from the show floor exhibitors
• 20th Anniversary & Industry Awards Celebration: Featuring cocktails, the International Package Design Awards (IPDAs; sponsored by Beauty Packaging and Happi magazines), attendees’ choice for exhibitor new products and the best of SPLASH, taking place on Tuesday, June 19th from 4-6pm in the Special Events Hall. (For a look at this year’s IPDA Finalists, please see page 52 of this issue.)
• Trends Spot Theater: Unique perspectives from those at the forefront of brand success, including experts in makeup, color, fashion, technology, anti-aging and more
• Industry Association Collaboration: Special events and education to bring attendees more networking, professional, and personal development opportunities from leading groups such as CEW, CIBS and ICMAD
• The Spa Industry Education Theater: Platforms the latest services and techniques that attendees can offer their customers and grow their business including spa trends and best business practices, skin brightening procedures; the latest in laser and light treatments; body contouring and reflexology.
For more information and to register, go to www.hbaexpo.com