HBA Global Expo: 20 Years Strong
HBA celebrates its 20th anniversary with new show floor features and a comprehensive educational program.
When HBA Global Expo & Conference opens its doors at the Javits Center in New York City on June 19-21, it will be celebrating 20 years of innovation and creativity. Throughout its history, the popular event has provided beauty and personal care professionals with an unmatched meeting place to network, learn and discover new products for the entire product development process. This year, HBA will offer a wide variety of resources, more than 60 educational sessions, design ideas, and networking opportunities to help brands succeed.
“For anyone considering launching a personal care product, HBA is an invaluable source. Between the educational seminars and the exhibition floor, everything they need is there in one spot,” says Karen Young, CEO, The Young Group. “Not only does the show cover every aspect of the development chain: honing concepts, finding packaging, retail distribution and guerilla marketing, in addition…all the experts are on hand to answer questions and provide direction.”
With an on-trend conference program, new pavilions, exciting show floor features, special events and a 20th anniversary cocktail party, here are some additional highlights of what’s in store this year:
• Visionary Keynote Panel: Moderated by WWD, this session kicks off the event and provides plenty of food for thought for attendees over the next few days of learning and discovery.
• SPLASH Pavilion: Features 30 finished goods products from all over the world that may be the next big things in beauty and personal care.
• Design Hot Spots: Showcase innovative materials from Material Connexion, and inspiration from experts to further develop creativity and ideas.
• Innovation Pavilions: Destination areas on the show floor that spotlight “hot” product development areas. Leading exhibitors anchor the Innovation Pavilions with category-related suppliers, trends presentations and networking hubs, which are also part of these distinct show floor areas.
• Enhanced New Product Showcase: Located in a prime exhibit location with exhibitors’ latest offerings in formulation, packaging, private label and more.
• 20th Anniversary & Industry Awards Celebration: Features the International Package Design Awards (IPDA), sponsored by Beauty Packaging and Happi magazines; and attendees’ choices for new products and the best of SPLASH.
• Trends Spot Theater: Offers unique perspectives from those on the forefront of brand success, including experts in makeup, color, fashion, technology, anti-aging and more.
Along with the trade show floor, HBA Global offers a comprehensive three-day educational program discussing beauty trends, market activities and technical approaches. Tracks that will be presented include brand management; consumer engagement; ingredient and skin care advances; new technologies and product development processes; green and natural products; distribution; global markets; and packaging and design.
The HBA conference will also feature new formats that provide an interactive learning experience as well as increased networking opportunities. Dynamic content presentation including group discussions, roundtables, brainstorming sessions and question-and-answer time are part of the educational agenda.
A sampling of sessions and speakers includes:
• “Creating a Successful Beauty Brand,” with Donna Barson, of Kline Group; Lisa Price, of Carol’s Daughter; and Stacey Schieffelin, ybf (your best friend)
• “Green BioActives: New Technology Trends for Ingredients,” with Charles Brumlik, NanoBiz LLC; Smitha Rao, Lonza Personal Care; Donald Owen, Owen Biosciences, Inc; Amitabh Bansal, Ph.D., Avon Products, Inc.; and Rupali Kulkarni, Coty Inc.
• “Unlocking Creativity for Packaging Innovations,” with Herve Bouix, Estée Lauder; Philippe Bonningue, L’Oréal (a member of Beauty Packaging’s Board of Advisors); John Butcher, Revlon; and Guido Schmitz, Bayer
Additional topics related to packaging, include: “The Latest Packaging Innovations;” “The Path to Brand Differentiation: From Ingredients to Design;” and “Color and Design Trends: Future Forecasting.”
Co-located with HBA Global, the New York Spa & Resort/Medical Aesthetics Expo, running June 19-20, presents another educational and resource opportunity for attendees. This show features exhibitors from leading skin care, equipment and treatment companies. Two full days of educational content and demonstrations will also take place in its show floor theater.
The educational topics include Marketing Your Spa, Reflexology, Maximizing Digital Media Outreach; and Skincare and Noninvasive Procedures.
HBA Global Expo & Conference will also feature special activities that tie in the fashion element of beauty and increased collaboration with market research firms and beauty content providers and influencers, to provide even more trend-setting information, activities and networking opportunities for attendees.
Without a doubt, HBA Global’s beauty week provides a 360-degree view of the entire product development cycle.
For more information and to register, use priority code PBPT, for a special discount at www.hbaexpo.com